What is Bankster DFS?


What is Bankster DFS?

The other day someone came to me because they were looking for a new lineup provider
and wanted to know about our services. While I appreciate that he would think of me for this, it
kind of stuck with me that he thought our service was to sell you DFS lineups. The timing of
this was really interesting because the night prior to this question I was talking to my dad about
how I should convey what we do at Bankster DFS. To me, we am the furthest thing in the world
from a lineup provider. More power to the people who are for going out there and taking their
shot, but if someone thinks they can just buy a winning lineup then they are just not seeing the
big picture. Sure, we provide sample lineups, but those are there simply as an example of how
you can use the information provided in our articles to formulate one of many possible lineup
combinations.

I ran some numbers this morning to help show what what I mean. If we were to take pricing
out of the equation, there were just shy of 34 trillion (TRILLION!) possible lineup
combinations on DraftKings for the Week 7 NFL slate. I know that sounds crazy, but think
about this: there were 10 games on the slate and that means that there were 20 viable QB’s, 30
viable RB (1.5 per team when you factor in RBBC situations like in Philly), 60 viable WR
(3 per team, and that’s lowballing it), 20 TE (1 per team), and 20 defenses, plus all the
remaining WR/TE/RB for your flex spot. If you do the math on that it comes out to 34.2 trillion
possible lineup combinations. Now I know that number comes down some when you factor
pricing into the equation, but it doesn’t come down so much that you should be able to easily hit
the nut (perfect) lineup.

So since it’s more likely to win the lottery than it is to randomly pick out a perfect line,
what do we for you? Our service does two things for you. First of all we try to educated DFS
players, both new and veteran. There are various ways we do this: stats, game theory, trends,
projections, etc. While this is invaluable for newer or more casual players, there is a still a ton
for experienced players as well. Heck, the more experienced you are the more you’ll be able to
think deeply about what we are trying to say.

The second thing we do for you is to act like a filter. I want to take those 34.2 trillion
potential lineup choices and narrow them down to a more manageable size for you. For the NFL,
this happens on Saturday with the NFL Hail Mary Weekend Update. In that article I take the
player pool down from the numbers we spoke about above to around the following numbers: 5
QB, 7 RB, 9 WR, 4 TE, and 3 DST (give or take). Add in the remaining players for your flex
spot and we’ve narrowed your choices from 34 trillion down to just over 20 million. While we
have narrowed your choices down by over 99% by giving you a player pool to choose from.
And let’s not forget that this player pool isn’t random, it’s backed up with analysis that we are
completely transparent about. That’s where the article comes into play. We want you to use the
article to help you make informed decisions about who you should play in your lineups. Please
don’t just take the players from the player pool and randomly stick them into your lineups. Read
the article, think about what you want to do with your team, figure out the best combinations for
what you think is going to happen, and always feel free to take the time to discuss your thoughts
and strategies with the great staff of writers here at Bankster DFS. We are always on Twitter and
will gladly give you our time to help you work though your lineup decisions.

This is important because you now have a significant edge over people who are still trying to
find a winning lineup out of 34 trillion possible combinations. You have a player pool, with
reasoning and logic behind it, to help you narrow down your lineup choices. Most weeks I give
you 4 NFL lineups. That’s 4 lineups out of a possible 20 million that my personal player pool
can create. Trust me, I won’t get offended when you make your own lineups. Hell, throw some
of your own players into the player pool if you feel strongly about them. This is a teaching site
as well as an advice site; use what you’re learning about DFS to come up with that winning
lineup.

What I can tell you though, is that our player pools usually have a significant number of
winning players in it. It was pointed out to me that 78% of the winning lineup from the Fanduel
$25 NFL GPP in Week 7 had players from my player pool. I’ll take that hit rate any day of the
week! What it also tells me is that if you put the players that I had in my pool in the right
combinations you made money. Sometimes the sample lineups don’t reflect that, as they didn’t
in Week 7 where we had a couple of duds in them like Peyton Barber, Kenny Golladay, Marquise
Goodwin, CJ Beathard, and the Lions defense. On the other hand, if you were able to wade
through the noise and use recommended players like Cam Newton, the Redskins defense,
Marlon Mack, Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Tarik Cohen, Kenyan Drake (it was a good week
for RB), John Brown, David Njoku, George Kittle, Zach Ertz, Todd Gurley, and the Colts
defense then you were probably a very happy camper. That’s a super high hit rate, even though
the sample lineups featured more duds than winners. That happens when there are 20 million
different lineups combinations to wade through; some will be less than ideal.

This is why I sometimes even hesitate to give out sample lineups because I don’t want you to
get too married to them. Sure, those lineups cash a lot of the time but they didn’t hit because I
have some magic elixir to help me. I took the time to think about my player pool, to think about
my strategies, and then I put together a lineup that won some money. You can do that with all
the articles we send out at Bankster DFS. Very rarely will you see a lineup from us that isn’t
attached to some (lengthy) narrative explaining why we like the players we like. It’s the narrative that you should be coming here for, not the sample (SAMPLE) lineups.

Since we are talking about lineups and advice and hit rates, I wanted to share another
interesting conversation that happened the other day on my Bankster DFS account to help put
all of this in perspective. A man was chastising one of my writers for tweeting out how he felt
great that 2 of the 5 defenses he spotlighted in his DST article on Saturday ended up as top 4
defenses in Week 7. The gentleman told him that is his 40% hit rate was nothing to be happy
about.

Are you kidding me? There were 20 defenses in play on that slate. Only 20% of them were
going to finish in the top 4. He gave you 5 defenses and 2 of them were in the top 4. That’s a
40% hit rate. He doubled your advantage over the rest of the field just by filtering down your
player pool. You still had to end up picking the right two, but in that article you were given
much more than just a list of five defenses; you were given reasons and analysis the lead my
writer to those defenses. I think my writer should be applauded, not trolled, for those kinds
of results. That’s what we do at Bankster DFS.

The reason I’m writing this is because you’re paying for this service and it’s important you
understand what you’re getting. You are not getting a lineup provider.
You are getting a team of writers that want to help you
improve your DFS game with our articles and analysis. As a fun
exercise, we throw in the sample (SAMPLE) lineups. Remember, you’re coming for the
articles - that’s where the value is for you!

Thank you for either being a member of Bankster DFS or for considering our service. Please
feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about what you can expect if you do
choose to become a member of our site. You can reach me @bankster17 or @banksterdfs.

Doug Shain

Owner - Bankster DFS

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bankster DFS Subscription Information